The Breathing Institute includes state-of-the-art facilities for performing and interpreting lung function tests.
As a parent, it is important for you to know that our providers, nurses and technicians are specially trained in working with children and explaining these procedures to your child to help him or her feel comfortable and successful during the testing.
Availability of these specialized pediatric tests and specially trained personnel is unmatched in the Rocky Mountain region.
Diagnostic tests available:
- Airway imaging
- Airway secretion testing
- Chest imaging/X-rays customized for the pediatric patient
- Exhaled gas testing
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy and laryngoscopy
- Laboratory testing
- Lung biopsies by one of the most experienced teams in the country
- Nasal biopsy/brush
- Sweat test
- Percutaneous needle biopsy of pleura
- Percutaneous transthoracic needle aspiration
- Impedence pH monitoring
- Polysomnography (sleep study)
- Pulmonary function testing
- Skin allergy testing
- Lung volume
- Diffusion capacity
- Exercise provocation testing
- Infant pulmonary lung function
- Methacholine challenge testing
- Tracheal aspirate
- Transbronchial biopsy
Download the Patient Informed Consent for Bronchoscopy in English.
Download the Patient Informed Consent for Bronchoscopy in Spanish.
Pediatric Heart Lung Center
Interstitial Lung Disease (chILD) Program
Mike McMorris Cystic Fibrosis Research and Care Center
Ventilator Care Program