Wouldn't it be great if you could talk to a nurse from the comfort of your home any time you had a health question about your child or newborn? When you call Children's Hospital Colorado ParentSmart Healthline™ (720-777-0123) you can receive free health care advice from registered nurses.
ParentSmart is there for you 24/7, providing access to expert pediatric care and peace of mind.
The ParentSmart Healthline has been serving families in the Rocky Mountain region for nearly 20 years and receives an average of 30,000 calls a year. Experienced pediatric nurses provide telephone triage, health care advice and in-depth information on over 290 pediatric topics.
Callers are offered support and education based on pediatrician-approved guidelines. ParentSmart also provides information on general health topics, community resources and can help you find a reputable physician in your area.
- Call our free ParentSmart Healthline to speak with an experienced pediatric nurse 24/7.
- Call toll free: 1-855-KID-INFO (543-4636)
How do our free resources help parents and caregivers?
When you call our ParentSmart Healthline, nurses offer support and clear direction to care for an ill child in their home. When necessary, parents are referred to an appropriate pediatric care facility. Sometimes, for many worried parents, hearing a calm, compassionate voice in the middle of the night is the only thing that matters.
Caregivers can also download ChildrensMD, our free mobile app. It provides care guides that help you make smart decisions on what level of care (if any) is needed and how to provide speedy symptom relief for minor illnesses or injuries.
Quick facts about Children's ParentSmart Healthline
- ParentSmart was developed in 1992 as a free community service line so families with or without access to a primary care physician could receive high quality pediatric telephone care 24/7.Today, the ParentSmart Healthline is accessible to all families in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Children's Hospital Colorado ParentSmart Healthline nursing staff gives advice based on guidelines. These are authored by a Children's pediatrician with an international reputation in this field, Dr. Barton Schmitt, FAAP. These telephone triage guidelines are considered the gold standard of care used in call center across the country.
- All advice given by our nurses is compatible with American Academy of Pediatrics and pediatric telephone guidelines used in most pediatric offices.
- ParentSmart provides quality care and has some of the lowest emergency room referral rates in the nation, allowing families to avoid unnecessary visits to the ER.
Hear from some of our callers
- "The nurse we spoke to was great! Very helpful, reassuring, patient and comforting. Above and beyond excellent!"
- "(We were) very glad to get a follow up call (from ParentSmart). We live in a small town and don't have a lot of access to medical care. Good to be checked on!"